Following recommendations from the CDC and Indiana State Department of Health, GCGH has suspended visitation. In addition:
1. Both cafeteria entrances are closed. The emergency department and main lobby entrances will be the only entrance points to the hospital. The main lobby is open Monday’s and Friday’s from 7 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s and Thursday’s from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours 7 days a week.
2. The CDC is recommending that no one shake hands, hug others, or engage in non-essential physical contact.
3. The CDC recommends proper hand hygiene including washing hands or using hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol content.
4. Governor Holcomb has recommended that individuals over 60 years of age or those with a known underlying health issue such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or chronic respiratory disease should limit their public exposure.
5. The ISDH recommends staying home in self-isolation unless there is a serious medical situation requiring attention.
Thank you for understanding and following our visitor restrictions. The safety of our employees and patients is our first priority.
Greene County General Hospital Auxiliary members volunteer countless hours to the hospital and its patients and guests each year.
Auxiliary members have several duties at the hospital. They direct visitors to patients or staff members. They deliver newspapers, mail, and flowers to patients and staff. As auxiliary members, they deliver fresh water and ice to patients. In addition, they also operate the gift shop, which is located on the first level of the hospital.
Auxiliary members use proceeds from fundraisers, raffles, and sales in the gift shop to raise thousands of dollars for the hospital each year. The funds are used to purchase equipment – such as telemedicine equipment and blood pressure monitors. Proceeds have even been used to purchase a steamer table for the hospital’s cafeteria.