The following information is for patients and visitors visiting GCGH, any My Clinic location, the GCGH Business Office, The Open Desk and TeamOrtho:
1. Both GCGH cafeteria entrances are closed. The emergency department and main lobby entrances will be the only entrance points to the hospital. The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours 7 days a week.
2. Anyone entering GCGH or a GCGH owned building will be screened at the entrance and must wear a mask.
3. Visiting hours are from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and no visitors under the age of 18 are allowed.
4. Only one visitor is allowed and no visitors are allowed if the patient is positive for COVID-19.
5. The emergency department is not allowing visitors.
6. The cafeteria is closed to the public but curbside pickup is available. To learn more about curbside pickup, click here.
7. The CDC is recommending that no one shake hands, hug others, or engage in non-essential physical contact.
8. The CDC recommends proper hand hygiene including washing hands or using hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol content.
9. Governor Holcomb has recommended that individuals over 60 years of age or those with a known underlying health issue such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or chronic respiratory disease should limit their public exposure.
10. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, the ISDH recommends staying home in self-isolation unless there is a serious medical situation requiring attention.
Thank you for understanding and following our visitor policy. The safety of our employees and patients is our first priority.
Greene County General Hospital Auxiliary members volunteer countless hours to the hospital and its patients and guests each year.
Auxiliary members have several duties at the hospital. They direct visitors to patients or staff members. They deliver newspapers, mail, and flowers to patients and staff. As auxiliary members, they deliver fresh water and ice to patients. In addition, they also operate the gift shop, which is located on the first level of the hospital.
Auxiliary members use proceeds from fundraisers, raffles, and sales in the gift shop to raise thousands of dollars for the hospital each year. The funds are used to purchase equipment – such as telemedicine equipment and blood pressure monitors. Proceeds have even been used to purchase a steamer table for the hospital’s cafeteria.
Greene County General Hospital will award two (2) scholarships in the amount of $1,036.50 each in memory of Dr. Mathias Mount and Elanor C. Mount, a longtime family practice physician from Bloomfield, and a $500 scholarship in recognition of the Physicians of Greene County. Seniors enrolled in a Greene County high school and interested in […]