Following recommendations from the CDC and Indiana State Department of Health, GCGH has suspended visitation. In addition:
1. Both cafeteria entrances are closed. The emergency department and main lobby entrances will be the only entrance points to the hospital. The main lobby is open Monday’s and Friday’s from 7 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s and Thursday’s from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours 7 days a week.
2. The CDC is recommending that no one shake hands, hug others, or engage in non-essential physical contact.
3. The CDC recommends proper hand hygiene including washing hands or using hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol content.
4. Governor Holcomb has recommended that individuals over 60 years of age or those with a known underlying health issue such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes or chronic respiratory disease should limit their public exposure.
5. The ISDH recommends staying home in self-isolation unless there is a serious medical situation requiring attention.
Thank you for understanding and following our visitor restrictions. The safety of our employees and patients is our first priority.
If not under visitor restriction or suspension, all patients have the right to visitation except as outlined below.
When someone is sick or in the hospital, a visit can help cheer them up. But it’s also important to remember that when someone is sick, they may not be in the mood to see many people. So it’s a good idea to be sensitive to a patient’s needs