The Specialty Center at Greene County General Hospital 812-847-5228
Close to Home
Rural patients deserve the best of care close to home. That’s why Greene County General Hospital has taken the hassle and travel out of specialist appointments.
With easy check-in on the hospital’s second floor, patients can access specialist physicians as well as cardiology testing without spending an entire day traveling. Enjoy the convenience of seeing your provider just steps away from our outpatient laboratory and radiology services.
Open Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., a scheduling coordinator is available to assist with consultations and testing and to provide contact information for the clinicians. Please call (812) 847-5228 to schedule appointments.
The Specialty Center at Greene County General Hospital includes
Specialty cardiology testing performed includes:
- Electrocardiograms (EKG): This is a graphic recording of the electrical activity of the heart.
- Echocardiograms: This tests uses sound waves to create a picture of the heart.
- Holter Monitoring: A device worn for a continuous period of time (24-48 hours) that provides EKG readings
- Nuclear Medicine Testing: This diagnostic tool involves the injection or ingestion of a small, harmless quantity of radioactive material which accurately detects the flow and function of different organs of your body.
- Pacemaker Tests: These tests are performed regularly to ensure optimal operation of the implant.
- Stress Testing: This test records the heartbeat during exercise.
To find a physician in any of our Specialty Center Departments, check out our Physician Directory
We offer a physician directory here on our website, where you can find photos of the specialty physicians as well as basic information about their credentials and practice. Click on the links in this section or visit our homepage to access.