Greene County General Hospital’s believes that healthy people build strong communities.
To honor our commitment to our communities, GCGH’s My Clinics offer a range of women’s health and wellness services at the Women’s Health Center, located in the My Linton Clinic.
Dr. Douglas Lawson is a board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist practicing at the My Linton Clinic Women’s Health Center. As an OB-GYN, he supports women’s health with innovative approaches to care. Specializing in the woman’s reproductive tract, pregnancy, and childbirth with over 20 years of experience, Dr. Lawson also believes that healthy people build strong communities. He believes that moving toward healthy is easier with knowledge. As a service to the community, he has volunteered to write a series of blogs, “Ask an OB-GYN”, where he answers common OB-GYN questions and shares his expertise in women’s health and wellness to our communities.
Dr. Lawson graduated from Indiana University’s School of Medicine, completed his residency at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, and is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Ask an OB-GYN
Series I, Pre-Pregnancy
In this first blog series, Dr. Lawson answers the most commonly asked pre-pregnancy questions. If you have a question that you would like answered by an OB-GYN, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and he may include the question in a series.
Care Before Pregnancy
- What is a pre-pregnancy care checkup?
- Who should have a pre-pregnancy checkup?
- Why is a healthy diet important for a healthy pregnancy?
- Can being overweight/underweight affect my pregnancy?
- Should I take a vitamin supplement?
- Can my lifestyle affect my pregnancy?
- Can my medical conditions affect my pregnancy?
- What do I need to know about the medications I am taking and how they might affect my pregnancy?
- How can infections affect my pregnancy?
- What if I had problems with my last or other pregnancies?
- How important are my and my partners family history?
Stay tuned for answers to these questions!