Greene County Home Healthcare, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Greene County General Hospital, assists persons in staying independent at home by offering a wide range of skilled care, supportive care, and specialty care to patients in Greene County as well as parts of Owen, Clay, Sullivan, and Knox counties.
Greene County Home Healthcare is located at 409 NE A Street, Linton. The office can be reached by calling (812) 847-9496 or (800) 847-9496 or by e-mailing GCHHC@mygcgh.org.
Joan Foradori-Cook serves as director for Greene County Home Healthcare.
Greene County Home Healthcare’s services are paid by Medicare, Medicaid and Medicaid Waivered, private insurance companies, workman’s compensation, veteran’s administration, PPO’s, HMO’s, networks, and grants.
Services rendered by Greene County Home Healthcare are billed directly to your health insurance. So there are no billing hassles for you!
Qualifications for home healthcare services include: doctor ordered home care services, and intermittent visits. Services must be medically reasonable or necessary. Some payors require that the patient be homebound.
Greene County Home Healthcare offers the following services:
- Nursing: Nursing services are provided as you need them and as your doctor orders them. All treatments and rehabilitative measures that can be safely done in your home are performed by skilled nurses.
- Physical Therapy: A debilitating illness, disability, or injury can often lead to a loss of independence. When this happens, a licensed physical therapist can help you regain a maximum level of mobility and independence.
- Occupational Therapy: Treatment by the occupational therapist will aid you in achieving maximum recovery in your activities of daily living.
- Speech Therapy: These specialists help patients with communication problems involving speech, language, or hearing. The speech therapist can also help with problems of swallowing or feeding.
- Medical social worker.
- Aide: This personal care service complements the nursing and/or therapy care you receive from the agency. Care given by the certified home healthcare aid includes: bathing, skin care, nail care, hair care and shampooing. Assist with exercises and dressing changes, under professional direction, checking your temperature, pulse, and blood pressure.
- Attendant: Specialize in assisting with grooming and ADL’s based on a written care plan developed by you and your primary healthcare nurse. The attendants are trained to assist you in activities that will allow you to stay at home longer.
- Respite: Sometimes referred to as “private duty”, extended care could be any discipline except the therapies – a registered nurse, aide, or attendant according to the needs of the patient. Respite care can be arranged for a minimum of three hours at a stretch and up to eight hours.
- Personal Emergency Response System: A personal emergency response system helps elderly or disabled persons maintain their independence at home. The subscriber has a home communicator with a personal help button that can be worn on a wrist or as a neck chain. In the event of trouble, the person can push the button which sends an electronic signal to the Emergency Response Center where monitoring personnel will arrange for appropriate help.
Top reasons why you should choose Greene County Home Healthcare for your home care needs:
- The agency was established in 1985.
- We have more than 25 years of home care experience.
- Our agency is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Greene County General Hospital.
- We are licensed by the State of Indiana.
- We are certified by Medicare and Medicaid.
- We are accredited by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Organizations (JCAHO).
- We employ the ONLY Certified Home Health Nurse (C.H.H.N.) in the area.
- Specialty areas – IV therapy, feed tube, trach care, wound vac, cardiac, diabetes, wound care, hypertension, Alzheimer’s disease, tobacco cessation classes.
- We are a member of the Indiana Association for Home and Hospice Care (I.A.H.H.C.).
These reasons all emphasize our commitment to providing quality health care to area residents.
How to start services
Contact Greene County Home Healthcare at the following address and phone number for more information or evaluation (initial evaluation is free):
Greene County Home Healthcare
1185 N 1000 W
Linton, IN 47441
(812) 847-9496 or (800) 847-9496
Your physician, hospital discharge planner, or local Area Agencies on Aging can make arrangements for home care.
Home Healthcare’s Board of Directors includes:
- Lea Ann Camp, RN, MSN, President
- Mike Gamble, MD
- Rae Della Cravens
- April Settles, CPA
- Jenny Crites